Sunday, March 4, 2012

An Ocean Adventure

We have some wonderful friends who invited us over last week to go out on their paddleboard.  It's kind of like a really big surf board that you stand up on and paddle.  I was a bit nervous to try to stand up on it because of the baby so I went out with Gemma and she paddled me along as I sat on the front of the board.  It was so peaceful and fun to paddle around and catch up with Gemma.  Sean came out a bit later and decided to give it a try.  We paddled together for a bit then he tried standing up.  He did so well and had so much fun!  When it started getting dark and we decided to head in for dinner, Sean was bummed because he was having so much fun.  Our friends said that we could come over and borrow it any time that we want.  

Yesterday we decided to take them up on their offer!  We came home from church, had lunch and had a few hours before we had to head back to the church for the night service, so we decided it'd be fun to head to the beach!  Our friends Matt and Gemma weren't home but said we could grab the board!  So we headed down to the beach.  We paddled out together at first, just sitting on the board.  It was a beautiful sunny day and the waves were just the right size for us beginners!  Sean decided to give it a try again on his own while I headed back to the beach to read a book.  Sean did such a great job and I had a fun time watching him paddle around out there.  He was able to ride a few waves all the way in!  I decided to head back out and Sean suggested that I try to stand up on my own.  The waves were pretty small and he stood next to me in case I fell.  I only fell twice in the very beginning and I made sure to jump off so I didn't land on the board.  It was so fun!  I was also able to ride a few waves all the way in.  

Next weekend Sean may try to surf.  He said that if we keep doing fun things like this then he won't want to come home!  We feel so blessed to be here and have so many amazing opportunities to do things that we never have before.  We are also so grateful for the friends that God has placed in our lives.  God is good isn't he???  Check out a few pictures below from our day at the beach!      




No comments:

Post a Comment