Thursday, March 22, 2012

Soaking It All Up!

I am finding myself having the same feelings that I had when Sean and I were getting married.  I was so excited to be marrying my best friend and I couldn't wait to start a new life with him.  At the same time though, I was sad that I no longer would be living with my friends and I would never get to go home to visit my family for months at a time.  I did my best to savor my last 6 1/2 months of singleness before we got married and not wish that time away because it was so precious.  God was giving me one of his most wonderful blessings, marriage, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on that extra time with my family and friends before we got married.

I'm feeling the same thing now...I cannot wait to meet our precious little baby in less than 5 1/2 months, but I want to enjoy ever second of the last time that it will be just Sean and I.  These past 9 months that we've spent in Australia have by far been the best time in our marriage.  Our marriage has always been strong but coming here and being away from everything we knew we have been forced to rely on each other in ways that we never had to before.  It has helped our relationship to grow so much stronger and deeper.  I am so proud of the man of God that my husband is and I have never seen him grow so much in his faith.  We also get to spend almost all day every day together and we LOVE it!!  We sit across the table from each other each day as we work and we are pouring into the same thing, working toward the same goal.  It's wonderful.  I don't know if we'll ever get an opportunity like this again and I am so grateful for this time before our life will change with the birth of our little one.

We still are not sure how our ministry is going to change once Baby Schwarze gets here so I am also doing my best to enjoy all of my time with the children and youth.  I know that I will still get to work with them and see them often, but I know that things will change. Until then I am planning on soaking up these next 5 1/2 month without wishing them away!  We are so grateful for our time here and we are looking forward to the year that we have left.  

Here are a couple pictures of us from our time here :)

This is from our first week in the country!!

Don't we look all grown up now?? Well...at least a little more!

No comments:

Post a Comment