Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What now?

We have been blessed beyond belief. It is humbling to sit back and think about the countless ways the Lord has blessed us in ways that we would never have imagined. I was recently listening to a sermon on materialism. The Pastor suggested that it is the "slavery of 2011." He talked about how no matter how much we have, we always want more. We are constantly thinking of the next best thing, but in the end, in light of eternity....does it really matter? He later talked about how someone commented to him and his wife that they were blessed financially. He responded by suggesting that God was testing them. Yes, he had given them a lot, but then he felt like God was saying, "what now? How are you going to use it to bring glory to me?"

I've thought about this a lot over the last couple days. I feel like God is saying to me, "what now? I have blessed you, I've shown you what generosity looks like. Now what are you going to do?" Are we using our time and money in a way that is honoring to God? What about after we leave Australia and head off to wherever God calls us next, what are we going to do? We have been welcomed into a home with open arms, we have been given a car....so what now? I'm praying that God would open our eyes to the ways we can use what he's given us to bless those around us.

What are you holding on to? What are ways that you can bless those around you? What now?

No comments:

Post a Comment