Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We will wait upon the Lord

I think the question we get the most often is, "any news?" Sadly, there's not too much going on to share, but I thought I'd tell you as much as we know. 2 weeks ago we received an email from a woman at the Australian Embassy. They were requesting more information. They needed an FBI background check (complete with fingerprints), a local criminal history background check in the county we've lived in for the last 12 months and proof that our nomination has been approved. Let me explain the nomination real quick. Our church in Australia has to nominate us to come work for them. They have to file an application and once it is approved they will get a letter from the Australian Embassy in Australia. Once they receive that letter, they have to mail it to us, then we have to mail it to the Australian Embassy in the US. Crazy right? We were on vacation in FL with my family when we got this email so the first thing we did when we got back was go to the Sheriff's department and get all of this taken care of. We got our fingerprints taken, received our local criminal history background check and mailed our info to the FBI office in West Virginia. We were told that the FBI check can take up to 3 months to be completed. So again, we wait. I had to laugh to myself at church on Sunday when we sang the song "Everlasting God." At the beginning of the song we repeated the phrase, "we will wait upon the Lord." That's what we're doing. As I was singing I started laughing because I felt like the Lord was reminded me that he is here and that we need to wait on his timing and not try to rush things. We're enjoying our time with family and friends right now and getting exciting for our time to leave. Until then, we will wait upon the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam. I know you guys already know this but God has a purpose in this waiting period. He may be the only one that knows what it is now never the less He knows. Y'all are in our prayers and your pray card is on our refrigerator!!

    ReplyDelete