Saturday, February 12, 2011

In the mean time...

As we wait on our visas to come back we have been trying to think through everything that we need to pack/store for the next 2 years. This is very overwhelming but we figured, if we start slowly it won't be as crazy once the visa comes and we're trying to pack/move in the matter of a few weeks.

I started packing a few boxes the other night while Sean was working and I stopped after about 3. I started in the office because it needs to get cleaned so I thought, well why not pack instead of clean! Then, I started asking myself tons of questions-Do I pack this in a box or a bin because there's always the mice factor. Do I need this in 2 years? Do I throw it away, do I store it, do I bring it to Australia? Then we started thinking through what we want to bring to Australia and how much we actually can bring. Oh boy. Sean is doing worship ministry, as you all know, so he want to bring 3 guitars-1 acoustic, 1 bass, and 1 electric. That way he can cover all of his bases once we get there. He can fill in wherever needed and such. Well, as we were looking at the airlines, we discovered most airlines, when flying internationally, allow you 1 carry-on and 1 checked bag. So this would mean that we have 1 bag to pack everything else in after all of Sean's guitars. Yea....that won't work. This was a very sad realization for Sean. Now we are trying to look into the most cost efficient ways to get what we need to Australia on a limited budget. If anyone has any suggestions, please let us know!!


Here is how you can help us:
As we were thinking through what to bring, we decided to contact our Area Director to ask for some advice. One of the things that he suggested was to ask our family and friends to write us notes of encouragement for days that we are feeling homesick or discouraged. Sean and I love getting notes! One way that you can support us is by writing us notes of encouragement! You can begin right now by writing us letters that we can take with us to Australia and open on days that we are feeling down. You can write a little note on the outside of the envelope that tells us not to open it until we are in Australia. If you would like to do this, please email us at schwarze12@gmail.com and we can give you our address. But, you don't have to stop after this one, you can continue to write us notes of encouragement while we are in Australia. Emails are always appreciated, but if you want to send us a hand written note that would be warmly welcomed as well. As we get closer to leaving, we will send you our new address in Australia!

1 comment:

  1. When I moved to the US from Canada, I used the train . . . I don't suppose that will work for you guys though :(

    ReplyDelete