Saturday, February 5, 2011

Let Down...

We were so excited for this weekend! We were scheduled to visit a church in Fennimore, Wisconsin where our wonderful friends Josh and Elsa Stanton live. The plan was to leave this morning at 10:00am and arrive in Wisconsin around 4:00pm their time. Tonight we were going to hang out with Elsa and Josh, go to church in the morning to speak then watch the Superbowl with some Packer fans. We could not wait for the weekend! We made sure to pack green and yellow. Yesterday, I even made some desserts that were Packer colors to get ready for the big event.

I've been discovering lately that I really am not a detail oriented-person and I randomly assume things without really looking into them. This morning I woke up at 8:30 and looked out the window like I do every morning....but to my dismay it was snowing! I was completely surprised. Now, maybe if I was more detail-oriented I would've checked the weather forecast for the weekend...but I did not. I heard we were supposed to have snow Monday and I just assumed that we wouldn't have any today. I really should have checked on that though. After we talked to my mother-in-law, we found out we were supposed to get 1-2 inches (they were wrong by the way-it's way more!). Anyways, Sean and I decided that we would go anyways. We spent the next hour or so getting ready and packed the car. At about 10:00am we were on the road headed to Wisconsin!

Well...about 30 minutes down the road we were very concerned when we realized that we could no longer see any trees along the side of the road...we could only see white. The roads had yet to be plowed and we were starting to get a little nervous, but decided to keep going. As we kept driving, things continued to get worse. Finally, we pulled over in good ole Peru, Indiana to take a look at the radar. It wasn't looking pretty. It looked like as soon as we got out of Indiana we would be okay, but the roads were so bad! We were going 30mph in a 60. Never good. We figured our 7 1/2 hour trip would be much, much longer. After talking to Elsa, we decided it would be best to turn around because Wisconsin was getting snow on Monday which would make the trip back not so fun as well. We are very disappointed that we did not get to spend the weekend with the Stantons and visit their church, but feel we are much safer here.

Here are some fun winter pictures for our Florida family!
**The view out the car window**
**Once we got home we were stuck in the driveway for bit. This is a picture
in front of our house**
**Our house**

No comments:

Post a Comment