Friday, October 7, 2011

The Market

This morning I got up real early with a friend and we headed to the market. It is at the Yeppoon Fairgrounds every Saturday morning from 6 to 9. We have prayer meeting at 7am so I've always been too sleepy to go, but today I decided to make myself some coffee and head out early to try to get some good deals. I am so glad that I went!! One thing that Sean and I both love is Bananas. Last year there was a lot of flooding due to cyclones across Queensland which is where all of the banana crops are. A lot of crops were ruined so the banana prices have been through the roof! When we first got here they were $14 kg which is about $7 lb. Insane, right?! I've refused to pay so much for bananas. They price is down to about $11 kg now, but that's still too expensive for me. But this morning I found them for $3.50 kg!! I was thrilled! I was also able to find some delicious pineapple, carrots, tomatoes and homemade jam. I think my friend and I are going to make this a weekly outing because they deals are so great. I celebrated by having a peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch and I think that I may be making some banana bread for my sweet husband :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'd be right there with ya! If you find a good deal on red, orange, or yellow bell peppers- get them! They have more than double the amount of vitamin c than oranges! (Just trying to keep your poor bodies healthy!) Have you found beans for chili yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! We have kidney bean :) And a little trivia for you, they called bell peppers capsicum. Very tricky when you go to Subway and ask for the green peppers and they start putting jalapenos on your sandwich!

    ReplyDelete