Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Night!!

Yesterday was so much fun! It is the end of the school term and schools are going on break for the next 2 weeks. The church ministries are in recess for the next 2 weeks because a lot of people go out of town during this time. For the last youth group of the term we decided to go roller skating. It was so much fun! For a lot of the kids, it was the first time they had been. It was so fun to watch them progress throughout the night. At first they were hanging on to the wall, then they gained a little confidence and let go. By the end of the night they were skating like old pros! They were very sad to leave because they were finally starting to get the hang of it. Needless to say, we will be going back again! It was such a great night to celebrate the end of the term and have fellowship together! Below is a pictures of our awesome youth leaders!
I'm (Sam) enjoying getting to know the women in our church. Yesterday, I was blessed to be able to join in the Friday morning women's Bible study. Before we got started, I was so surprised because they presented me with my very own Aussie cookbook!!! I've been asking for some new Aussie recipes and now I have my very own book!! Our Pastor's wife contacted the women in the church and they sent all of their favorite recipes. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I felt so blessed by this!! I loved the note in the beginning because it has a lot of fun Aussie words, so I thought I'd let you read it to :) Below it is a picture of my new cookbook!

This cooking book is from a few of your mates to help you become closer to a true blue Aussie. I am sure you will get heaps more recipes during your stay with us. I am not sure if there is such a thing as dinkum Aussie tucker. Check out how many come from other countries! But them are all YUM AS! Many blessings as you enjoy whipping up a storm in Oz.
Much Love,
Your Friends
Yeppoon Wesleyan Methodist Church.


Finally, this is just a picture of the sunset as we were leaving work the other night. So beautiful!!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! :) Love the cookbook (of course) and the letter- makes me want to speak "Australian" all day. :) I also love the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that they gave you a cookbook. can't wait to hear how they turn out - i think you should post some of the ones you like for your friends back in the states (aka: ME). :D loved "chatting" with you on FB today. Can't wait to catch up through skype! love you!

    ReplyDelete