Thursday, August 4, 2011

Youth

Boy, do we sure love the youth that we're working with!!! Before coming to Australia, I (Sam) had very little desire to work with high school aged kids. My heart was completely with the little ones, or as they say here, the littlies. I love the way that the Lord is changing my heart! There is no place I'd rather be right now then serving exactly where we are. Last week we wrote to you and shared that we are starting a youth Bible study. The first week we had 5 and this week we had 10 students. God is good :) We are really enjoying spending time with them and getting to know them better! We are all becoming more comfortable with each other. Ephesians 3 is our prayer for them. We're praying that God would open their eyes so that they can see and understand His incredible love for them and that they would make decisions to follow Him with their lives. A lot of them are really striving to see what it is God wants them to do with their lives and they're trying to live it out at school which is a struggle. Please pray for them. Also, please pray for Sean and I as we are leading this group. Pray that God would give us wisdom and guidance as we prepare the lessons and that it would be His words and not ours!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you guys! And I'm SO glad the students there have you. As you pour your life into theirs, God is going to do wonderful things in your life as well. And just think of "the littlies" as extra-curricular ministry. You'll have plenty of contact with them as well, I'm sure.

    I can't wait to read more about how God uses His precious Word, with your lives and hearts to transform the lives of your students!

    May Jesus bless you both so richly as you are poured out as a love offering to these kids and for the glory of our Savior!

    ReplyDelete