Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Joy


When I think about the Christmas season the first word that comes to mind is JOY. This time of year fills me with so much JOY!! I love almost everything about Christmas. The lights, the music, the decorations, the snow! It's all so wonderful. Sean and I hung up our Christmas lights over the weekend. I couldn't wait for it to get dark so I could go outside and look at them. I absolutely love putting up the christmas tree and looking at all of the ornaments. Today was also the first time that it has snowed and actually stuck to the ground. It took almost all of my self control to stop myself from calling Sean and waking him up to tell him to look outside. I think this is one of the most wonderful times of the year. If you talk to me in a month I'll probably be ready for the cold to end and the snow to go away but as of right now I am enjoying it to the fullest!


When I woke up this morning I was thinking about all of the joy that this season brings to me and then I stopped and thought that it does not even compare to the joy that I have in Christ. The joy that I have goes so much deeper and has so much more meaning than simply Christmas lights! I have a Savior who died for me, who took my sins away so that I can be beautiful in His eyes. I have a relationship with the Creator of the universe. I have a Friend and Counselor who loves me for exactly who I am. I am so joyful because of my relationship with my Savior. Sean and I cannot wait to go to Australia and tell people about this joy that they can find in Christ but we also want to remind you of that today. If you have a relationship with the Lord praise Him today! Continue to seek Him and the love and joy that ONLY he can bring. Share this love and joy with those around you. Remember what this season is about. If you do not know the Lord, please talk to us or another believer about Him so that you can come to understand the beautiful joy that he gives and how you can have this incredible relationship! I cannot imagine what life would be like without him.


One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 63 and I want to share just a little bit with you. It says,


"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."


I hope that you can all experience Christ's love that is better than life and the immeasurable joy that only He can give!

No comments:

Post a Comment